Day 01 Srinagar sightseeing
Srinagar is the summer capital of J&K and presents you with a diversity of places to visit.
"Also referred to as the Venice of the Orient", Srinagar presents you with so much to see.
Your tour in Srinagar ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Checkout from the Hotel and proceed for a tour to the magnificently terraced Mughal Gardens built by,
as the name indicates ,The Mughal Emperors -
2. Explore the beauty of Pari Mahal and the accompanying high altitude
garden with an overview of Royal Springs Golf course.
3. Enjoy the view of the world famous and Asia's Largest Tulip Garden.
4. Get a divine experience of Shankaracharya Hill Temple, the sacred temple of
resting atop the hills( Takht-I-Sulaiman) in the south-east of Srinagar. The site dates back to 250BC.
The philosopher Shankaracharya stayed at this place when he visited Kashmir ten centuries ago to revive
Shankaracharya Hill Temple
5. Time for local shopping like Shawls, Carpets, Crewel, paper machie and other
handicraft products of Kashmir.
6. Back to the Houseboat.
Your night stay in a Houseboat
Measuring about 24-38 meters (79-125 ft) in length and 3-6 meters (9.8-20 ft) in width ,
the houseboats on the beautiful Dal lake provide you with a unique experience of living on
the water in a cedar-paneled elegant bedroom, with all the conveniences of a luxury hotel with a
balcony in the front,
a lounge, dining room, pantry and 3 or more bedrooms with attached bathrooms.
These houseboats are made of wood, and usually have intricately carved wood paneling,
which in itself is something to applaud and cherish.
1. Enjoy your night's stay in the beautiful ambience of the Houseboat
and experience the warm hospitality of the Houseboat owners in addition to acknowledging the fine
wood work of the artisans.
2. Experience our complimentary, one in a lifetime Shikara Ride on the shimmering waters
of Dal Lake and see the beautiful Floating Gardens along the way ,
the Golden island referred to as the Char Chinari and the stationary Nehru park on
the waters of Dal Lake.
Srinagar to Sonamarg and back to Srinagar
With an altitude of 2740 mts. and about 87 kms. From Srinagar ,Sonamarg,
which means ' meadow of gold ' has,
as its backdrop, snowy mountains against a cerulean sky. The Sindh meanders along
here and abounds with trout and
mahseer .Snow trout can be caught in the main river.
In its vicinity lies the great Himalayan glaciers of Kashmir Valley namely Kolhoi
Glacier and Machoi Glacier.
Your tour to Sonamarg ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Explore the flushing meadows and scenic beauty of the place.
2. Get mesmerized by the glaciers and enjoy your playtime with snowballs.
3. View the beautiful Zero Point.
4. Enjoy a walk along the banks of River Sindh amidst lofty mountains and lush green meadows.
5. Go for Pony rides till the foot of the mountains and beyond.
6. Leave for Srinagar.