1. Reception at Jammu and you are on your way to the hotel (Hotel Sri Harinivas).
Enjoy the hospitality of the hotel.
2. Visit the market in the evening.
3. Get ready for the Mata Vaisno Devi Darshan (Timing for Aarti 5AM-7AM and 6 PM-8 PM)
and it takes 12 hours (To and Fro) ,
so you can start late in the evening and reach in the morning and come back the same day after Aarti.
Next stop - Patnitop
Pahalgam is one of the most sought after tourist destinations , about 96 kms.
from Srinagar , at an altitude of 7200 feet and located on the banks of River Liddar.
Infact , many Bollywood films have been shot in pahalgam ,
the latest being the Salman Khan Starrer Bhajrangi Bhaijan and the Shah Rukh Khan Starrer ,
Jab Tak Hai Jaan.
And while you are on the way , visit the Avantipur Ruins - the
1100 year old temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu
Your Pahalgam tour ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Check into one of our hotels.
2. Explore the beautiful and picturesque sights on foot for an hour.
3. Visit the Main Market.
4. Come back in the evening and enjoy the evening at leisure.
Srinagar to Gulmarg and back to Srinagar
Standing at an altitude of 2650 mts. , and only about 50 kms. From Kashmir ,
Gulmarg's legendary beauty, prime location and
proximity to Srinagar naturally make it one of the premier hill resorts in the country.
Today Gulmarg is not merely a mountain resort of exceptional beauty- it also has
the highest green golf course in the world.
Moreover the cable car ride provides you with a heavenly trip like experience.
The journey to Gulmarg is half the enchantment of reaching there-- roads
bordered by a series of scenic poplar trees ,a sight captured in hundreds of
old and new Bollywood movies, be it the Shammi Kapoor
Starrer Kashmir ki Kali or the Latest Ranbir Kapoor Starrer Rockstar.
Your tour to Gulmarg ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Check in at one of our hotels.
2. Start your day by taking a Gandola Ride - one of the highest cable cars in the world,
reaching 3,979 meters and reaching Apharwat via Khilanmarg Snow Point.
3. Get dazzled by the beauty of Apharwat for about 45 minutes (13,780 ft)
and get close to the sky as you could possibly imagine.
4. Explore Gulmarg on your own by enjoying the picturesque locales like the Golf
Course (if you are interested to play ,Golf kit and caddy charges are extra)
and Lavender Valley.
5. Get a view of high mountains like Naga Parbat, Kolohai and Harmukh.
6. Enjoy the pony rides in and around Gulmarg and explore the scenic
view of the place and an invigorating climate.
7. Leave for Srinagar.
Day 06 Srinagar sightseeing
Srinagar is the summer capital of J&K and presents you with a diversity of places to visit.
"Also referred to as the Venice of the Orient", Srinagar presents you with so much to see.
Your tour in Srinagar ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Checkout from the Hotel and proceed for a tour to the magnificently terraced Mughal Gardens built by,
as the name indicates ,The Mughal Emperors -
2. Explore the beauty of Pari Mahal and the accompanying high altitude
garden with an overview of Royal Springs Golf course.
3. Enjoy the view of the world famous and Asia's Largest Tulip Garden.
4. Get a divine experience of Shankaracharya Hill Temple, the sacred temple of
resting atop the hills( Takht-I-Sulaiman) in the south-east of Srinagar. The site dates back to 250BC.
The philosopher Shankaracharya stayed at this place when he visited Kashmir ten centuries ago to revive
5. Time for local shopping like Shawls, Carpets, Crewel, paper machie and other
handicraft products of Kashmir.
6. Back to the Hotel.
Day 07 Srinagar to Airport
1. Time to say goodbye and carry beautiful memories with you with a
promise of remembering our hospitality and of having created a place in your hearts.
2. Word of caution - we want your trip to end on a good note ,so we request you
to depart for the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure because of stringent
security checks and also to compensate for loss of time in lieu of a traffic jam.
1. Start on an excursion to Betaab Valley (The Betaab Valley has got its
name from Sunny Deol's movie, Betaab, which was shot extensively in this area and
is 7 Kms drive away from Pahalgam. Surrounded by snow-covered
mountain peaks and dense pine and deodar forests, this valley is the mouth of River Sheshnag.
2. Explore the famous Chandanwadi (At an altitude of 3288 m ,
Chandanwadi is at a distance 16-km from Pahalgam and is the
starting point of the Amarnath Yatra, which takes place every
year in the month of Saawan (Rain). It is also famous for snow
sledging on a snow bridge.
3. Get mesmerized by the beautiful Bisaran , also referred to as
the mini Switzerland.
4. Enjoy Pony Rides amidst the beautiful pine trees
with River Liddar meandering on one side and snow capped mountains on the other.
5. Adventure sports lovers can go for Water Rafting and enjoy
the rush of adrenaline through your veins
6. Leave Pahalgam in the evening for Srinagar.
7. Enjoy the elegance of Houseboats.
Measuring about 24-38 meters (79-125 ft) in length and 3-6 meters (9.8-20 ft) in width ,
the houseboats on the beautiful Dal lake provide you with
a unique experience of living on the water in a cedar-paneled elegant bedroom, with all the conveniences
of a luxury hotel with a balcony in the front, a lounge, dining room, pantry and 3 or more
bedrooms with attachedbathrooms.
These houseboats are made of wood, and usually have
intricately carved wood paneling, which in itself is something to applaud and cherish.
And while you are on the way , visit the Avantipur Ruins the
1100 year old temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu
Your night stay in a Houseboat
1. Enjoy your night's stay in the beautiful ambience of the Houseboat
and experience the warm hospitality of
the Houseboat owners in addition to acknowledging the fine wood work of the artisans.
2. Experience our complimentary ,one in a lifetime Shikara Ride on the
shimmering waters of Dal Lake and see the beautiful Floating Gardens along the way ,
the Golden island referred to as the Char Chinari and the stationary Nehru park
on the waters of Dal Lake.
Srinagar to Sonamarg and back to Srinagar
With an altitude of 2740 mts. and about 87 kms. From Srinagar,
Sonamarg, which means ' meadow of gold ' has, as its backdrop, snowy mountains against a cerulean sky.
The Sindh meanders along here and abounds with trout and mahseer.
Snow trout can be caught in the main river.
In its vicinity lies the great Himalayan glaciers of Kashmir
Valley namely Kolhoi Glacier and Machoi Glacier.
Your tour to Sonamarg ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Explore the flushing meadows and scenic beauty of the place.
2. Get mesmerized by the glaciers and enjoy your playtime with snowballs.
3. View the beautiful Zero Point.
4. Enjoy a walk along the banks of River Sindh amidst lofty mountains and lush green meadows.
5. Go for Pony rides till the foot of the mountains and beyond.
6. Leave for Srinagar.
Day 05 Srinagar to Yusmarg and back
At an altitude of 2396 metres above sea level, Yusmarg in Kashmiri means The Meadow of Jesus.
It is believed by the natives that Jesus came to Kashmir and stayed at Yusmarg for some time.
It is an alpine valley covered with snow clad mountains and the meadows of Pine and Fir and lies 13 km
south of Charari Sharief, a town of Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir
Your tour to Yusmarg ( Places of interest and recommended activities)
1. Visit the shrine of one of the most famous saints Sheikh Noor- ud - Din on the way to Yusmarg.
2. Explore the meadows of Yusmarg either on foot or on a pony.
3. Enjoy the beautiful range of Pir Panjal Peaks , a sub range of Himalayas.
4. Visit the refreshing Nil Nag either on foot or on a pony.
5. Get thrilled by the gushing waters of the river Doodh Ganga.
6. Head back to Srinagar.